Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I know now that there is no you without me...

By Tiffany B.
My life has been so empty for so long,
no one to love or call my own.
I patiently waited for that time to come,
To share this special with someone.

Until you came from the mist, unexpectedly,
Taking me as I am and accepting me.
You filled the emptiness that laid inside,
releasing me form my bitterness and pride.

We shared endless moments together,
questioning if the feelings were true,
Not realizing how fast time had flew.
The time had come for me to part and go away,
The words goodbye I had refused to say.

I am now miles away from the one I love,
things are so different, but your still all I think of.
A day seems like year and a month feels like forever,
I think about the times we spent, and THAT
I will always treasure.

Your soft brown eyes that made me shy away,
your cute little smile that brightened my day.
Your gentle touch that gave me chills,
and your whole body in itself that gave
me thrills.

I'll wait patiently until we can touch again,
but i am now more satisfied because you
are more than just my friend.
To bring back those moments, and to
finally see your smile,
And hope that things will remain the same
for a while.

My feelings for you are now stronger than before,
and your love is something I will not ignore.
See now, a part of you has grown in me,
I love you always and forever it will be. 


Love
Black love poems by Pokahontaz
As I sit back and reminisce on what love
has done to me.
you would wonder how can I grin, how can I smile
how can I appear to be so happy.

Because in my full term with love, the afterbirth
was pain.
That was felt again and again, different face, different name
but results were still the same.

How can I yearn for such a thing that causes so much hurt and
so much strife.
How can I desire the American dream, he as my husband
and I as his wife.

How can I put myself back on the edge of a rocky,
unsteady cliff.
Not knowing if I will be pushed and land once again
all broken and stiff.

As I lean back in my chair and feel all the hurtful emotions
take over me.
I fancifully envision a fairy godmother giving me a potion to
set me free.

"A potion? A real potion"; you may say.
"Is it mixed with red bull and Tangueray?" *

Ah No, but it is a potion that is mixed with the feelings of
pure bliss.
A feeling that is an ultimate high that you can't
get from a fix.

It is a feeling of butterflies in your stomach, or a
whisper in your ear.
It is a feeling of passion and courage; standing tall even
if Goliath were near.

It is the Dr. Jekyll when it's alter
ego is Mr. Hyde
It is the cure of its own disease and restorer
to its own plight

Can I just taste, indulge and bathe in its beauty, cherish God's
gift oh I won't complain.
It is worth all its grief if I can dance for just for a moment in its rain 


Love Of My Life
By Mr. Dvyne

Thank you for being who
you are to me
what you are to me
for having the courage to come
this far with me.

Thank you for awakening this love inside
my soul has come alive
to whom does my heart belong?
I don't have to decide
Thank you for giving me the
chance to love you

I'd die for you
I'd have no regrets
because I truly adore you
Thank you for doing all
the things you do
forever be with me, and
I am with you. 


Juke Box Love Song
Black poem by Langston Hughes

I could take the Harlem night
and wrap around you,
Take the neon lights and make a crown,
Take the Lenox Avenue busses,
Taxis, subways,
And for your love song tone their rumble down.
Take Harlem's heartbeat,
Make a drumbeat,
Put it on a record, let it whirl,
And while we listen to it play,
Dance with you till day--
Dance with you, my sweet brown Harlem girl


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Modern Warfare 3