Thursday, April 12, 2012

Modern Day Matchmaker: Don't Be Afraid to Love Again

By Paul Carrick Brunson

Modern Day Matchmaker: How to Love Again


The average person falls in love seven times prior to marriage. Does this shock you? I bet you’re thinking, “Wow, seven times, that’s a lot! I haven’t been in love that many times.” You’re not alone. I have yet to find someone who can attest to this figure.


Interestingly enough, what I have found is that most people rarely, if ever, have been in love. Moreover, many believe that love is not even possible for them. The most popular response I received when I tweeted that statistic was, “Paul, I have only been in love once and don’t think I can love again.” Perhaps they've been hurt, burned bad by someone in their past, and something inside just doesn't want to become vulnerable again to love's ways.
I am dedicating this post to everyone (men and women) who do not believe that love after loss is possible. I am here to tell you it is! These 12 steps will lead you to love again.



Free Yourself

You can’t love again until you heal the pain that your lost love inflicted. Grieve, and as you do, you will become more emotionally healthy.
Very-cute-couple-young-opt


Consider a Therapist

Therapy saves and changes lives, period. If you are having a particularly hard time with the grieving process, a good therapist can guide you through. Feel free to contact me for therapist referrals anytime.



Very-cute-couple-young-opt



Recognize That You Thrive From Love

Loving others is critical to our human existence. It is important to understand that without 
love, life will never feel full.
Very-cute-couple-young-opt

Accept Who You Are

Accepting all parts of you gives you ownership of your journey and the power to decide what stays, what goes, and what can evolve.

Very-cute-couple-young-opt

Decide Love Is Worth the Risk

The fear of loving again and losing again is a real risk. However, can you afford to keep your heart closed?

Very-cute-couple-young-opt

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Modern Warfare 3