Friday, March 9, 2012

Is there any way to make sure you fall in love and stay in love?

A female United States age 18-21, anonymous writes:


My on-again-off-again boyfriend is coming over this weekend. We've been "off" for a little less than two months now. My concern is that every time we get together after a few weeks apart, the passion we have for each other is intense. But then over the course of a few more weeks, we'll be reminded each other's faults (me) or get lazy with putting effort into the relationship (him - but to his defense, he is working on a degree).


Is there anyway to make sure you fall in love and stay in love? Or do he and I both have to get used to the fact that relationships will never remain the same way they start?


And just for the record, he's about 10 years older than me. I don't know if that matters, though.


Fancy yourself as an agony aunt? Add your answer to this question!

A female reader, Shadow Rose United States + , writes


Well, if you're talking about making him fall in love and say in love, then it's impossible, and also kinda impossible to force yourself to feel something.


But honestly, you should just talk to him, and tell him that you don't think he's putting enough effort into the relationship. And you should stop focusing on his faults.


Focus on the positive things.


My boyfriend is immature. VERY immature, it's a fault of his, but I dont focus on it. I know that with my help, he'll grow out of it, but I dont let it make or break our relationship.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Modern Warfare 3